Sacred Harp Singing in Hannibal / Bowling Green MO
A new group of Shape Note singers is organizing in the Hannibal / Bowling Green area.
Singings are from 2:30 to 5 on the 2nd Sunday each month (except for Labor Day),
and will alternate between the Foreman Family's home in Hannibal and the
Old Paths Bible Church (where Tommy Schulz is pastor), west of Bowling Green.
Update 1: Unfortunately, Amy Foreman is currently unable to sing or host singings at their
house due to a serious respiratory illness. Until further notice, the 2nd Sunday singings
will be held at the Old Paths Bible Church, on January 12, February 9, April 13, May 11
and June 8. Please keep Amy Foreman and the Foreman family in your thoughts and prayers.
Update 2: The February 9 singing at Old Paths Bible Church is cancelled.
Directions to the Old Paths Bible Church:
map GPS: 39.24450N 91.29073W
From St. Louis:
1. Highway 61 north from Wentzville to Bowling Green (Bus 61) exit: 43 mi
2. Left over highway, through traffic circle, follow Bus 61 / 161: 1.6 mi
3. Left on W. Main St / Highway Y West
4. Follow Highway Y: 10.6 miles (mind the horse-drawn buggies)
5. Left on Rd 410 (gravel): another left, then 2 mi to "Old Paths Bible Church"
or "Siloam Church" (the historical name)
1. 70 East to 54 East
2. 54 East thru Mexico, Scotts Corner, Laddonia, Farber and Vandalia to Curryville
3. In Curryville, turn right on Hwy M (south) to Hwy Y
4. Left on Hwy Y about 3 mi. to Rd 410
5. Right on Rd 410, 2 mi. to church